How we assist organisations with the delivery of virtual events. This case study examines a creative way to use virtual events to on-board team members onto the Basecamp communications and project management platform for a global strategic alliance.
Industry: Business Events
- Global alliance of convention bureau, member cities are leading destinations in the business events industry.
- In order to improve communications amongst the management team, board and various committees the choice was made to adopt the project and communications tool Basecamp. The challenge was how to onboard all the different individuals (75) from the member cities on 5 different continents onto the platform with limited resources.
Virtual meeting platform
- An on-boarding session was developed on a virtual meeting platform
- The programme consisted of a combination of pre-recorded videos with an introduction from the Managing Director explaining the need for the Basecamp platform and videos from spokespersons for the various committees explaining how the platform will improve communications within their groups.
- The session also included live elements with a hands-on demo of all the key areas of the Basecamp platform followed by Q&A and short networking sessions where people on the session could connect in smaller groups.
The session was set up on the virtual meeting platform within a week and delivered 5 days after.
By delivering the session online the management team was able to cater to different time-zones, collect data on viewing habits from the audience and have a system in place for new people joining the organisation.
Post event the session is made available to new team members so they can on-board themselves requiring little to no additional training, drastically increasing efficiency for the management team.