Pilot and Product Development
How we can help clients do product development in South East Asia: a Dutch tech startup case.
Industry: Learning Tech Startup
- A Dutch tech startup developed an ML language learning engine, with the purpose to commercialise a solution for language learning for the hospitality industry.
- To build a presence in SEA, to identify target markets and work on a pilot project to test the Proof-of-Concept and build the final commercial product.
- From Singapore, we built up a team that was set up in the Netherlands, and deployed in Indonesia and Vietnam
- Together with the CEO and CTO, we defined the product ownership using the Agile methodology and managed product development using Jira.
- Within each country, we approached different hotels and their management to participate in a product pilot to test with hotel staff employees.
- We developed a feedback mechanism that allows the software development team to get inputs from actual users to improve functionalities and features as required.
Three hotels were selected in Indonesia (in Bali and Jakarta) and three hotels in Vietnam (Hanoi, Nha Trang, and HCMC). Pilots were successfully completed in a 3-4 month period.
As an end result, we had a fully completed commercial product ready for deployment and sale after a period of 10-12 months.
Hotel customers were able to monitor individual employees’ language training using dashboards, whereas employees were able to study at their own pace on their own mobile device outside of the hotel. The HR managers were able to assign languages modules and do a real-time monitoring of learning progress by their employees.
Commercial Roll out
A commercial roll out to the launching customers was done with a regional boutique hotel chain and completed within weeks.