Business Intelligence for China
How we tap into deep expertise at front-running companies to inform strategy of our clients: a China medtech case.
- As part of an assignment for the chief economist’s office of a global governmental financial institution, multiple industries in China were to be mapped in order to provide data and insights as inputs into a governmental strategic plan
- Our effort was focused on the biotechnology sector in China
- Objective was to gain insight into level innovation capabilities of one of the largest biotechnology companies in China
High Level Insights
- Our task was to identify and gain insights from a senior board level executive at a specified Chinese biotech firm, who needed to be available for a one on one in-person interview.
- Within 1 week we found and recruited the executive, flew in and organized the meeting, as well as arranged for a translator to attend the session.
- The interview was recorded, and transcribed, providing the client with detailed answers on all the question sets that were prepared.
Within 2 weeks, as part of a larger global study, we were able to map out key elements of how company level innovation capabilities were realized at this biotech firm.
Prior to the interview, a significant portion of the time went into screening the profiles of the executives and to understand which person would be the most appropriate person to interview.
This report, together with inputs on other industries, allowed the client to compare different technology industries and how company level innovation capabilities are developed and expanded.