How we help organisations deliver impactful online events, a case on delivery of a virtual roadshow for a global strategic alliance.
Industry: Business Events
- Global alliance of convention bureau, member cities are leading destinations in the business events industry.
- With the current COVID-19 pandemic, it is impossible for city members to meet face-to-face with buyers at international trade shows. For the most part, these shows are converting their exhibitions into virtual events. The challenge with this is profiling a global alliance and giving the individual member cities opportunities to connect with buyers in a meaningful way.
- A session was created on a virtual meeting platform to be able to give both the alliance and the individual cities profile with a global audience of buyers.
- The session was 80 minutes long and consisted of a combination of pre-recorded video, live sessions, networking session, and poster presentations.
- The poster presentation function allowed the individual cities to have multiple short presentations with buyers to update them on what is happening in their cities, allow for interaction through two way communication and share downloadable materials.
The session was limited to 100 participants and the cities had the opportunity to speak to buyers in five rounds of five minutes each.
Data analytics were collected from the event which will be used to further improve similar sessions that are being planned in the future.
For the buyers, it gave them the opportunity to hear what is happening in twelve world-class meeting destinations in a short span of 80 minutes.