How we help companies find and assess acquisition targets cross-border: a Japan-Vietnam case in the construction industry.
- A Japanese construction company was interested in acquiring one of the top construction firms in Vietnam.
- Client needed our analysis to find out which company was the best acquisition target
- To get a good understanding of top 10 companies (with particular focus on the top 3) in the country, both quantitative and qualitative information was required.
- Project team included in-market analyst fluent in Vietnamese, to support expert interviews and desk research.
- The client provided the questions sets, which were reviewed and sharpened. This served as a basis for high level, quality interviews with front line executives.
- All of our experts were vetted and interviews were all done remotely and recorded for analysis.
- Based on 11 high quality expert interviews with executives from the top construction firms, as well as the ministry of construction, we were able to:
- Obtain high level insights into the operations of the top construction companies
- Get a clear picture of the financial strength and technological advances within the top tier
- Understand what the key differences were between these companies
- Provide sufficient data points for the client to make decisions about the acquisition potential of these construction firms
- The work was completed within a month with translated transcripts of the conversations and detailed explanations.